These chocolate sprinkle cups are truly one of my favorite things to quickly whip up in case I want to bring along a small but personalised gift, you know when friends are amazing enough to invite me over for dinner for example. With 3 ingredients, chances are that you already have everything on hand to make these.
The possiblities are rather endless, as you can easily add cacao nibs, chopped crystalized ginger, nuts or crushed coffee beans.
Whenever I have made these, I instantly regret not making more, as they really are a fantastic small gift that looks great.
It is likely that you have the ingredients in your pantry already, and although you need a little bit of time (mostly for the cooling down), nothing about this is difficult.
What I really want to say is that I hope you have a sprinkle-chocolate-filled-weekend ahead of you!
- 150 grams of good quality dark chocolate (I used 60% bars)
- 75 grams of good quality white chocolate
- 3 pinches of salt
- sprinkles of your choice (alternatively you can use cacao nibs, chopped nuts, edible dried flowers, chopped up dried fruit or crystallized ginger)
- metallic praline cups (I usually find these at the Tiger store or order them on Amazon)
- Melt the dark and white chocolate in two different bowls. I use the microwave for this and try to take care by only using short intervals to double-check that nothing is burning. I do not bother to temper the chocolate here, as there is no contact with warms hands (the metallic cup is inbetween) and the top is mostly covered with sprinkles anyhow. In case you would like to store these longer, you might want to take the time to temper your chocolate. Another tip that I find works well is to immediately place the finished cups into the fridge or freezer. This seems to diminish the 'white' veil on top of the chocolate as well.
- Once the chocolate is melted, you spoon this into the metalic cups. I usually finish with the white chocolate and give it a swirl, or I make an effort to make separate layers.
- Before the chocolate dries, sprinkle your sprinkles (or other toppings) on top. Enjoy!